In 2011, Toro introduced Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower and from our research, this snow blower could well be just what you are looking for. This new 2011 model is a more powerful 15A electric powered snow blower with Toro’s Power Curve blades for superior performance.
The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower is a light weight, powerful alternative to gas powered single stage snow blowers suitable for anyone with a drive of less than 150 feet in length.
Toro 38381 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower Features and Specifications:
- Toro 1800 Power Curve snow blower with new zip deflector
- Larger wheels (than previous model), ergonomic handle, and 15 amp motor for extra power
- Cuts up to 18 inches wide and 10 inches deep in one pass and throws up to 30 feet
- 160-degree adjustable chute deflects the snow in different directions
- 2-year warranty; weighs 24 pounds
The Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower received very positive ratings from people who have purchased and used it. The online reviews are very good. Many people commented on just how much power this snow blower has. A number of reviewers switched from gas snow blowers to this electric snow blower and said that the Toro 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower is just as powerful as their old gas snow blower.
This is the new version of the Toro 1800, replacing the Toro 1800 18-Inch 12 Amp Electric Curve Snow Thrower #38025. Note that most reviews are for the old Toro 1800 snow blower but this new version is of the same design and construction but with a more powerful electric motor.
Toro 1800 Snow Power Curve Snow Blower Review:
One reviewer summed up almost every other review with the following comment – “does the job it is designed for. Don’t expect it to be like a full sized gas powered blower”. Another said that he had a Toro 1800 snow blower for years and then it finally broke he replaced it with a gas version and has in 9 years gone through 2 gas powered snow blowers. He has now gone back to the Toro 1800 electric snow blower. One elderly lady commented “One pass all the way to the concrete every time” having cleared 12 inches of snow from her own long driveway, sidewalk and her elderly neighbors sidewalk .
Looking at reviews from the Toro 1800 electric snow blower, this new snow blower is clearly just what you need for clearing the average driveway and sidewalk without all of the hassle that comes with owning a gas snow blower – gas, plugs, oil, trying to start it, break downs, somewhere to store it etc. etc. Another reviewer before purchase visited a show room and was disappointed with the standard and quality of the construction of this unit and purchased the equivalent model from Snow Joe which we also review on this web site so you can make your own mind up which you prefer.
We found Amazon.com to have the best prices for the Toro 1800 Snow Thrower. Click here to buy from Amazon.
Nearly every review by real life users of this Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower and the previous, less powerful, Toro 1800 electric snow blower are very positive. This new Toro 1800 power curve snow blower has …
- 2 years warranty
- Light weight at 24 lbs
- Easy to use
- Easy to store. The handle folds to make it compact and take up less space
- Powerful with a 15Amp electric motor
- Throws snow up to 30 feet
- Can cope with up to 10 inches of snow in one pass 18 inches wide.
- Clears right down to the driveway
- No clogging of the chute as it is made of a non stick plastic
- Suitable for distances of up to 150 feet from your outlet when used with the appropriate cold weather 12 gauge power cord or 100 feet with a 14 gauge cord
- No gas, plugs or oil to mix in
- No servicing
- No starting problems. Just get it out of storage, plug it in and away you go
There are some disadvantages to the Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower…
- It is light and therefore can’t cope as well as a two stage gas blower with really deep or frozen snow
- Power cord can be a problem but you soon get used to it
- Buy a gas powered snow blower if you have a large area, generally experience deep snow fall and need to clear further than 150 feet from your outlet
With all of the 4 and 5 star ratings we found for the new Toro 1800 15 amp Electric Snow Thrower and all of the wonderful things that people reviewing the product online have to say about it we feel very comfortable recommending this electric snow blower to anyone who needs a new or replacement snow blower.
For reviews of other snow blowers, please see our home page by clicking here.